Fish Curry Recipe
Sri Lankan Style Fish Curry With curry seasoning (Nerpy`s)
We are happy to present you with the Sri Lankan Style Fish Curry With curry seasoning (Nerpy`s). We know you'll love this recipe as much as we do.
What You Will Need
- Fish steaks of your choice
- Curry Seasoning (Nerpy`s)
- Turmeric Powder
- Vegetable Oil
For the Curry Sauce:
- 2 Finely Diced Medium Onions
- 3 Finely Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Curry Seasoning (Nerpy`s) to your liking
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 10 fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 fair sized Tamarind Ball. Soak the Tamarind Ball in 1/2 cup water or you can use 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste diluted in 1/2 cup water
- Green Coriander and lemon wedges
- Coat the fish steaks with turmeric powder. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and when hot, cook the steaks quickly on each side until they turn golden brown. Drain the steaks on paper towels do this with each piece.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Add the fenugreek and mustard seeds and fry for about 15-20 seconds while stirring.
- Fry the chopped tomatoes, curry leaves, turmeric, and curry powder for a couple of minutes on low heat until you see the oil starting to separate from the mixture. Add the tamarind water after squeezing the pulp, discard the remaining material. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the curry seasoning (Nerpy`s) and coconut milk into the gravy, lower the heat and bring the gravy to a boil. Let the gravy simmer until it thickens to your liking. Add the fried fish pieces into the curry, cover and let the fish simmer in the gravy for 15-20 mins on low heat while stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh coriander, serve with lemon wedges and your favorite sides. Enjoy!